Thursday, December 3, 2009

The love for Smaller Camera

Given the many chances to travel around asia and there are times when I really wish for a small handy camera with me to capture that moment. While I love my Canon 5Dmk2, it can be quite troublesome to bring along such a big work horse everywhere I go.

Imagine bringing out a dinosaur size DSLR and expose yourself with this intimidating big lens that can look like a big cannon. The size of point and shoot camera is actually best for photojournalist style of photography but unfortunately, I can't stand the image quality of most of the PNS.

A couple of friends has been asking me about cameras and what they are looking for are small, light and most of all with DSLR image quality cam.... that can produce nice "BOKEH" effects! (the quality of the blur background). Everyone thinks BOKEH is everything and only professional cam can do that :)

This led me to try out some really nice camera available now -> Olympus EP1 and Panasonic GF1. They have almost the best of both world, small enough to be inconspicuous and IQ to be much better than PnS. EP1 and GF1 belongs to the Micro Four Third Standard which uses sensor that is smaller than the typical DSLR but bigger than a PNS. The best part of these type of camera is the flexibility of able to interchange with better lenses.

But for many pro photojournalists and even collectors, the holy grail of small unobtrusive digital camera should be the Leica M9 digital rangefinder. Only in my dream can I afford one now.....

0 comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About This Blog

background

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP