Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas comes early - new Toy

Could not resist the temptation and got myself a Leica ... well not the digital M9 but a old classic Leica m6, I still has alot of love for film photo. After off loading quite a fair bit of redundant stuffs, I bite the bullet and succumb to a LEICA camera.

This is my first rangefinder and it's like a expensive toy camera to me, everything look small compared to a DSLR or SLR. Leica gave interesting name to their range of lens too...Summilux (f1.4) , Summicron (f2) , Elmarit (f2.8) etcs to differentiate based on the aperture size. I am quite amazed looking at the 50 summicron f2 lens that i gotten, in a way it look so cute and really well made as compared to my relative big size Canon 50 f.14 lens. Operation is very simple and fundamental-> Metering, Focus, Shutter speed and Aperture, so it's back to basic that I am familiar.

Just couldn't wait to fire off my first roll of film and I did that in a hurry the next day. As usual, when you don't think and shoot, you get crap photos, so it no different with whatever cam I have used. First 2 rolls of film yielded poor result, lots of OOF (out of focus) shots as I am not too good with the new type of focusing from RF cam. It's from my third roll of firm that I can really see the Leica effect and I love it to bits.

I am still fiddling with the camera and is still very slow in my focusing but given the right setting the result can be amazing! I started to shoot a lot in very low light and low speed! 1/15 secs and below, something i will never do with my DSLR.




0 comments:

Search This Blog

Followers

About This Blog

background

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Free Blogger Templates

Back to TOP